4.13.2011

Storage for a small bathroom

I’m still slugging away at my bathroom update. The tiling is done, it’s grouted, it’s sealed and caulked. It took me 2 weeks to complete just that part.

I’ve painted and the room looks better just with a coat of fresh paint.

This is my main bathroom, and it is very small, so I’ve been looking for some clever storage ideas. I didn’t want to take up floor space, so I made a wall shelf following Ana White’s instructions for the high rise shelf. I made some modifications to fit my space by making the shelves larger and the overall height longer.  I used MDF which I already had, so it cost me zilch to create a fabulous storage shelf, if I do say so myself.

Storage for small spaces at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com
Storage for small spaces at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

I have plans for creating more usable storage, but I’ll save that for another day :) 
I still have to install the new flooring, and once the entire room is done, I’ll be sure to share with you.

15 comments:

  1. Ohhhh so nice ;) I love that coral/loofa looking stuff, cool! Nice job Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the shelving! so modern and light and breezy feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shelving is AWESOME! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great solution. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday through this Saturday and would love for you to link this to the party. There's a great giveaway too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! What a fabulous idea. Thanks for sharing. Visiting via Tales from Bloggeritaville.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously great job! Might have to steal this idea for our new b-room;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stand! I like that it does not take any floorspace.

    I am having a fine art photography giveaway on my blog. The artist is Melanie Alexandra. She has more than 200 photographs in her Etsy store. Leave me a comment telling me which is your favorite image to win any photograph of your choice.
    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/04/fine-art-photography-giveaway-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mel that's just great! You did a seriously professional job on those shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fantastic! What a great way to use a small space!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa, Nelly!!! You are a professional. :) That looks incredible. The colors are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous! Nice job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shelving is a great idea! Thanks for linking up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very clever! Love the small amount of room this takes too!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.