12.31.2010

The last project of 2010

I worked hard to complete my entrance and powder room update, but there are not enough hours in a day and I really didn’t anticipate it being so much work. ha ha.
The powder room update is finished for the most part. The small details remain, but I will finish those with the entry details when I get an opportunity.
The baseboards and window frame were changed. I added a chair rail and although you can’t tell, there are two different colours between the top and the bottom.
Most everything was found at the GW or other thrift stores. If I had a bazillion dollars, or even a few, I’d change a few other things too, but I’m working with what I have. It’s a very small space so taking photos was not easy.
Before:
001
Now:
002
Are you wondering what the “P” stands for?  It’s not for the obvious that happens in a washroom, it stands for Powder Room. :)
004
008
009
010
These are the junkin’ finds and what I paid for them:
Little lamp – $4.00
Lantern – $3.00
Hand towels – $1.00 each
Bombay plates – $1.00 each
Shelf – $2.00
White oval frame -  $3.00
Pottery Barn clock – $4.00
Mirror – $6.00
Toilet roll holder – $1.50
Total: $30.50
This makes me very happy :)

I'm linking up to parties found here

18 comments:

  1. I love it! What a difference!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks wonderful, mel! your hard work shows! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOhhh, how lovely ;) You sure have an knack for design! I cant wait until I have my own house and can color the walls ;) What a great project....and super cheap at that!! Most people spend that on coffee a month! AWESOME JOB Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you scored some great finds! Beautiful job on your powder room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your powder room is darling~ well done! Stopping by to say hello from a little lovely- Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, and I love the mirror with the initial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flat out awesome! You are so right.... taking photos in a small room is hard but you did a fantastic job :D

    I would be honored to have you add it to my blog party

    Amaze Me Monday Blog Party

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color, and your accents are great, I really liked the "P" idea. I have a bathroom with a similar footprint and it's murder trying to photograph it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'm visiting from BNOTP. Wow, you did a fabulous job! Not only did you get great bargains, you really made the room very upscale! Love the color and all ofthe accessories. Great job.
    Best regards,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful job. I'm looking at this and saying, "this isn't a junkin room. everything looks new!" I would have never know if you didn't say it. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks good. And I did giggle when I read that "P" was for powder room. It was so obvious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a fabulous job!! It's a very relaxing color palette!

    And to be honest, the bathroom (specifically my shower) is my only alone/quiet time in my day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You "AMAZE ME"! Thank you for linking up to the "Amaze Me Monday" blog party!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOOKS WONDERFUL! I love the color scheme you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors, it looks perfect! even better that you did it on a dime :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did an amazing job. I love the colors. I linked over from Shanty2chic.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.