I painted it white, but that was a complete snore fest. I had to come up with a temporary way to dress it up. I say temporary because I change my mind, a lot. If I had painted a design on it, I would have to change the whole thing when I changed my mind about how I wanted it to look. In comes vinyl and my cricut.
I had read that you could spray paint vinyl, so I gave it a shot. I was undecided on what colour I wanted to use, so I sprayed three colours; copper, gold and silver.
I then traced the allium with SCAL, made a few different sizes and cut it out.
When I put the transfer tape on, it pulled some of the silver off but it turned out to be just what it needed, at least I am telling myself that.
I like the design and will hold on to it as is for a while, until I get my next hair brained scheme.
The faucet that I had was leaking and rusty. I knew it needed to be replaced, but it was not a job I had done before. I armed myself with a whole bunch of video instructions, waited for a sale and bought a new faucet for $84, which was $100 off the regular price!
It only took an hour and a half, which would have been reduced by half an hour had I had the foresight to charge my drill first. doh!
It was quite simple, so I’m not sure why I was so scared to do it. I had to drill a new hole because my old faucet had two holes where the faucet handles were. I borrowed a cut saw and other than that it’s basic tools; a couple of wrenches, a screwdriver, some plumbers putty and tape and a light source.
If you need a new faucet, tackle the job yourself, it’s pretty easy.
I’m bored today. I have a whole bunch of things that I should be doing, but I can’t seem to commit to any one thing. There have been a few things that I found on Pinterest that I thought would be fun to do.
I also found a pin that gave instructions on how to make bookmarks from scraps of fabric. I don’t have lots of cute fabric, so mine may read a little dull, but they turned out ok. My method differed in that I used plastic in the middle and sewed them together using the zipper foot.
Back to reality; must get the grocery shopping done. Have a great week.
The last time I did her room, I had her stamp of approval, but this time I wanted her to decide on how it should look. She dog sat our neighbours dog for a week and earned the money to buy new bedding. From that she decided that the walls should be white and the accent colour orange.
Painting over the black stripes was a nightmare! Many coats of primer and paint later, I finally got it covered. Here is how it used to look, which I loved. But it’s not my room :(
I plucked the gingerbread corbels from the front of my house to use to make her a laptop desk. The stool was picked out of the garbage at work, I just removed the back of it so that it didn’t take up too much visual space.
The bookcases we already had; they are Markor bookcases from Ikea and to my mind, were the best bookcases they ever made.
There is still lots of space for more books. She doesn’t have a dresser in here, but I have added shelves to her closet, which once it’s painted I will show you.
All we have left to purchase is a carpet, or maybe I will reuse her old floor cloth and make something else with it.