9.29.2012

Barn board coat rack

A young man at my work comes from a rural farm and often visits home on the weekends. I asked him if he had any barn board and he looked at me like I had gone crazy, wondering why I wanted any. He has an endless supply and if I think of anything that I really want to make, I have it at my fingertips.
I decided to start out slowly with a sample piece that he brought to me. He figures the barn is at least 100 years old!
Barn boad coat hook at www.junkinjunky.blogspot.com
I did nothing to it as I thought it was perfect as is. I found a package of 5 cast iron hooks at the thrift store, which made this project $3. Now we have another spot in our limited storage area to hang stuff.

6 comments:

  1. I love it! When I was a kid my dad built a bar with barnboard - it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! Most people charge an arm and a leg for old barnboard. Love what you did with it! I can hear the wheels turning for your next project! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I have wood planks that I could do that with. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! What a great idea--how clever are you???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I might have to hunt some down myself, next time I'm down at the farm.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.