7.08.2012

Dessert Tray

It’s a good thing I don’t throw everything away when I go on my purging binges. Digging through my stash of things and wondering what the heck to do with an old candelabra, I came up with an idea.

Pretty dessert tray at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

I started with this black candelabra that is just a wee bit wonky.  I had to remove the cups that hold the candles, then screw the ceramic shape back in.

Pretty dessert tray at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

The center part is welded on, so I took one of the pieces I removed, turned it upside down and glued it to the top.  After spraying it, which took forever to dry in this humidity, I used Gorilla Glue to glue the plates on. The plates I picked up two years ago for 99 cents each.

Pretty dessert tray at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

Since I had all of the supplies, it didn’t cost anything extra to make it.  I wish I had some yummy treats to stage it with, but I ate them all :)

Pretty dessert tray at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

And guess what I got?  Ok, I won’t make you guess any longer.  I met up yesterday with one of my readers, Denise.  She is up here from Texas with her daughter, visiting her parents.  She brought me my sofa cover!  After paying for the cover, extra bagging fee and parking to meet her at the airport, I still saved around $100!

Denise is in the middle of a kitchen reno, and I’m trying to encourage her to start a blog to document the process. From all of the elements she has described, it’s going to be fantastic.  This woman has staying power; for two weeks she has been removing wall paper from her kitchen walls. Another reminder of why I won’t ever use wall paper.   Anyway, look at how great the cover looks, it’s like I have a brand new sofa, much better than the black cover that I had, which made the couch look like a big gaping hole that you possibly could get lost in



Smile
JunkinJunky.blogspot.com



{Primp}UndertheTableandDreamingPositively Splendid

12 comments:

  1. Cute chandelier/craft! I love the slipcover too. It makes the couch look brand new.

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh....this is too cute! I love it! Such a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cute!!!! it would be perfect for cupcakes at a tea party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did to that candleabra! It's gorgeous.
    Your sofa cover looks lovely too, that room looks so cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing! Oh, and your slipcover looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's adorable! It's a "cupcake-alabra"! The sofa looks great white, I'm so jealous. And I see you in the mirror not using a tripod, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!!! So cute! Funny how it is that this week I painted my black candle chandelier white. Great minds, as they say!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. That look great! What a clever and useful re-purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply adorable! Love your hippo too.

    http://claudiasyear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. the candelabra AND sofa look great! visiting from 7Saturday link party!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.