12.03.2011

Designer cushion knock off

I get a lot of satisfaction from making cushions; they are quick, impactful and are a great way to add colour and contrast, without breaking the bank.

I have had my eye on Trina Turk’s Palm Springs Block cushion for some time. Mine was made by painting some fabric, hers is much more decadent. But, unless you plan on looking up really close, they look remarkably similar.

Trina Turk knockoff

I used my cricut and freezer paper to cut out the inner design first, painted it in, then cut out strips of freezer paper to block off the outer square.

Trina Turk knockoff

While I had the sewing machine out, I used one of the remnant pieces that I bought from Tonic Living to make another cushion.

damask cushion fabricA simple envelope back makes these cushions quick and easy.

tt knockoff w gallery wall

7 comments:

  1. ooh...love it! And love the gray wall background--that's fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously fantastic....again! Love that wall color too! Where did you get the antler plaques or did you make them? I wouldn't be surprised if you had!

    Megan

    http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I love it with the other 2, actually the whole area looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cushions :-) It's so great to be able to replicate something that you love for a fraction of the price. Plus making it by hand makes it so much more meaningful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing Mel!!! Love that you painted that cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cushion is fabulous. Just the right punch. And that wall is gorgeous. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.