8.22.2010

Love, subway art

I started out using an old sign and freezer paper to create this, but it was an epic fail. I ironed the paper on too much and it stuck, then I overloaded my brush with paint and it bled through. 
So, version two.
I used an already owned canvas, some yellow vinyl and some free paint from the recycle centre. Normally the vinyl will be peeled off, but I am lovin’ the yellow and gray together.
Let me know if you can get this Captain and Tenille song out of your head, ‘cause I can’t :)

020
021
I Changed my mind about the yellow and took the vinyl letters off, and I like it better.

Stephanie Lynn is hosting the Sunday Showcase party. There are lots of great project this week.
The DIY Showoff’s party is on

4 comments:

  1. Yep, it's stuck in my head now. Thanks! :) Love the art, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you grow up in the 70s? It was a huge hit!

    Love the sign!

    Sue
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, totally singing it now. :) I love this. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I can't get the song out of my head! Thanks! Super cute project though!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.